KONGU DC is a registered, non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization of Kongu people living in North America.
It is compassion, the most gracious of virtues,
Which moves the world.
Those who have wisdom have all :
Fools with all have nothing.
The vast world rainless, one may bid adieu
To charity and penance.
KONGU DC’s purpose is to:
- To preserve, maintain and promote cultural heritage of the people of KONGU VELLALAR COMMUNITY from India
- To help and propagate cultural, educational, social, economic and community affairs of the people of KONGU origin in North America
- To organize periodic South Indian literary, cultural and educational conferences in the North American continent to promote KONGU culture
- To foster brotherhood and togetherness among people from KONGU background and others
- To promote and carry forward KONGU culture to the younger generation
- To meet periodically and celebrate traditional festivals and customs as a community
- To raise, solicit and collect funds and donations either directly or in cooperation with other non-profit organizations for cultural, educational and charitable purposes in North America and abroad for both KONGU community and other communities at large